Repurposed Nightstand

We're getting ready to put our house up for sale in the next few weeks and have been getting everything in order. We've had a small desk in our spare bedroom that could be used for my sewing machine or as a second desk space when needed. Our realtor recommended that we either make it a bedroom or an office, not both. So, we put the queen sized bed into storage and made it into an office/sewing room. The desk that was already in the room was designated for my sewing machine and we moved my husband's desk up there as well to make our family room look bigger.

I decided to keep the nightstand in the room and use it to keep some of my sewing supplies in it - thread, trimming scissors, my quilting gloves, rotary cutter, etc. With the new arrangement I quickly realized that I needed a better system for pressing blocks during piecing. My ironing board on the other side of my sewing table and I felt like I spent most of my time jumping up to press a seam. After a quick trip to Home Depot, I had me a perfect sized piece of plywood that I covered with some extra batting and a scrap piece of upholstery fabric. Viola! A cheery little pressing board to give our old nightstand a new purpose. It worked out beautifully.




Weekly link-ups:  I'm linking this post up to the Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted Link Up which is being hosted this week at Heart of Charnwood.

Comments