Lessons Learned

I've really been learning a lot throughout this Aiming for Accuracy Quilt Along. Not only the various techniques and tricks for block construction, but more about myself as a quilter. Here are some personal quilting revelations:

  • I like making half square triangles 
  • I'm not so keen on making quarter square triangles. 
  • I don't really like cutting out fabric. My back tends to ache by the time I'm finished and it takes up more time than it does for me to piece the blocks together! I really don't know how people cut fabric accurately without rotary cutters!
  • One of my favorite tools now is the June Tailor ruler for half & quarter square triangles. 
  • I don't know what Best Press is, but I don't think I can live without it ever again.
  • I'm feeling a bit more confident with combining fabrics, but that is something that will continue to hopefully get easier as I get more experienced.

Here is the block for lesson #7. Lucky #7, I'm all caught up. Whew!




Comments