Ashen Floral Placemats

Wanted to share my finished placemats. I really love that I've gotten confident enough in my free motion quilting to quilt feathers but now that it's all finished, I wish I would have chosen a different thread color. I had used a light gray so that the quilting would be subtle but now I wish I would have used the pale yellow that I used for the binding. I think it would have really tied it all together. I guess I'm just reluctant to use a bolder thread color choice since my mistakes would be more obvious. I think I'll have to move out of my comfort zone on the next FMQ project and opt for more visible thread.



From the very start of this project I knew I wanted to use yellow as the accent to the gray and black floral fabrics but now that they're done, I'm not 100% sure I like it as the binding. Still, they should coordinate well in the intended recipient's kitchen so that's good.

Now it's time to start planning my next project.


Linking up to these weekly parties.

Comments