Block Blunder

Since I'm still mulling over how to quilt my tree skirt, I thought I would lay out all of those pinwheel blocks I made and start putting that quilt top together.


I definitely need to focus on how the light and dark of the pinwheels interact with one another. When I switch it to black and white, you can see what I mean:


I need to find a balance between the lighter and darker pinwheels. I also discovered that I have 10 blocks where the pinwheels go in the wrong direction (those are not pictured above). See what I mean?


When I put them side by side, I'll have white against white instead of white against color. So, I've got a date with Jack the (seam) Ripper to fix those and then see if I can come up with a balanced layout.

Comments

  1. pinwheels are very effective, good you noticed the error before you completed the quilt. Nice choice of colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! I always do at least one block backwards every time I make blocks. I figure it just a cost of sewing and don't stress it too much. It will look great when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard it said that a quilt is not a quilt if it doesn't contain an error. :) Yours is at least easy enough to fix quickly. Happy quilting, love to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that!! :) I wouldn't have noticed till the quilt was sewn together though LOL Love your name for your seam ripper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pinwheels are so fun. That's really cool that you were able to switch to black and white and spot that. At least it's an easy enough fix. ps- your seam ripper name made me chuckle!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless it's an answer that I think everyone would be interested in hearing. If you are a no-reply blogger (and I know that blogger does not play nice with other blogging platforms!), I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!