Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Block Blunder

Since I'm still mulling over how to quilt my tree skirt, I thought I would lay out all of those pinwheel blocks I made and start putting that quilt top together.


I definitely need to focus on how the light and dark of the pinwheels interact with one another. When I switch it to black and white, you can see what I mean:


I need to find a balance between the lighter and darker pinwheels. I also discovered that I have 10 blocks where the pinwheels go in the wrong direction (those are not pictured above). See what I mean?


When I put them side by side, I'll have white against white instead of white against color. So, I've got a date with Jack the (seam) Ripper to fix those and then see if I can come up with a balanced layout.

5 comments:

margaret said...

pinwheels are very effective, good you noticed the error before you completed the quilt. Nice choice of colours

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Very cool!! I always do at least one block backwards every time I make blocks. I figure it just a cost of sewing and don't stress it too much. It will look great when it is all done!

Linda said...

I have heard it said that a quilt is not a quilt if it doesn't contain an error. :) Yours is at least easy enough to fix quickly. Happy quilting, love to see the finished product!

Quilt Musings said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that!! :) I wouldn't have noticed till the quilt was sewn together though LOL Love your name for your seam ripper :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

pinwheels are so fun. That's really cool that you were able to switch to black and white and spot that. At least it's an easy enough fix. ps- your seam ripper name made me chuckle!

I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...