Project Goals - January Recap

Happy February everyone! At the end of every month I plan to post an update on how I'm doing on the projects that I want to complete by the end of 2014. Feel free to skip these - it's more of a way to keep myself accountable and probably pretty boring for anyone else!

Okay, here goes:

  1. New Quilt: Brown Bear themed baby quilt for my son's preschool teacher (needs to be done in by March) --> Finished!
  2. UFO: need to finish my Accuracy Quilt --> backing is done, now I need to baste & quilt it.
  3. Software: Learn how to confidently use EQ7. I've been playing with it since it showed up a few days ago but there is definitely a learning curve. --> Found various tutorials online that I've been watching but still have a lot more to learn. Have also played around making a custom quilt layout. Practice, practice, practice!
  4. New Quilt: A queen sized quilt for our new master bedroom, using batik fabrics. I was originally going to use the Star Surround pattern that Melissa from Happy Quilting developed for her 2013 QAL but then she posted about her 2014 QAL called Star Light Star Bright with different variations and I fell in love with variation 4! After input from her readers, the majority voted for variation #1 but I'm still going to make variation #4 (with her permission of course!) --> Created design in EQ7 to get overall yardage requirements. Have 3 of the 4 fabrics needed, but still need to find that last fabric.
  5. New Project: A Christmas tree skirt for next year, based on my earlier post here.  --> Transferred the paper design into EQ7, but realized I made it much more complicated than it needed to be so I redid it as a custom quilt. Now I just need to decide between 2 slightly different layouts.
  6. New Project: A quilted Advent Calendar for next Christmas --> Not started
  7. New Quilt: A large lap quilt with all the half square triangles I made back in October. I still have another charm pack to make so depending upon what layout I select, it might be bigger! --> All HSTs sewn into pinwheel blocks. Need to add sashings and cornerstones for a lap size quilt.
  8. New Project: 2014 Sewalong: log cabin mini blocks project --> finished already!
  9. New Project: A fish extender for our upcoming cruise on the Disney Dream.
  10. New Project: solid color quilt or project --> after seeing all of the beautiful creations in the Wake Up to Kona Blog Hop, I just have to make something as well. I just love how free motion quilting really pops when using just solid colors.
I think that's plenty of things to keep me busy!

Comments