One Thing Leads to Another

It starts with me looking for a fabric scrap to coordinate with something...
After what felt like a dumpster dive in my oversized scrap bin, I realized that I needed to get my fabric scraps under control...
Which led to me buying out the entire stock of clear shoebox bins at a local discount store (they were only a $1)...


 Sorting all of my fabric scraps by color led me to clearing off my fabric bookshelf so that I had someplace to put them...


Which led to wanting a better way to store my fabric...

Love the mini bolts of fabric and all the scrap bins!
Among the piles of fabric on the floor were the batting scraps from my tree skirt which needed to be put away with the rest of the batting that is stored in the closet...
That reminded me that I've been wanting to remove the closet doors so I have easier access to my supplies and small plastic rolling bins...
Which led to my husband cursing under his breath, while indulging me in removing the closet doors...
Which led me to cleaning out the closet so that my ironing board would tuck nicely out of the way but still be easily accessible...


Now that my ironing board was in the closet I now have a bit more space in my sewing room so I needed to then rearrange my tables...


Which led me to wanting to to finally make a bigger design wall...

This design wall is 6'x6'

Yes, you just got a glimpse into what goes on in my head ALL THE TIME and how one thing leads to another.  Now, back to that scrap I wanted...

Comments

  1. At least you were productive! I have the habit of being distracted by things that are time wasters. "Oh yeah I was going to look at that tutorial hey there's a pretty quilt I wonder if I can find a pattern i LOVE THAT FABRIC WHERE CAN I BUY IT hmm I might have lunch....".

    Your tidy looking space is inspiring me to do a bit of a touch up on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your organization and sewing area is looking great! It really is amazing how one thing can lead to another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking great! I totally understand how one thing leads to another. Most the time, I can't remember what I set out to do in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so tidy and everything in its place but wonder where are all the books now. It is good to see the fabric on the shelves, mine is in drawers so have to do through them to find what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chain of logic all made perfect sense to me. Doesn't everyone think like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be the organization post you were talking about! That bookshelf puts me in zen mode ... hahaha. Super jealous of your design wall, someday I will be just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That never happens to me ;) I really need to snap out of my create mode for a day and reorganize everything. . . sometimes it just needs to happen! Your space looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your space looks great! Another instance of life imitating art. If you haven't read the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." it's time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm only laughing because I've soooo done that!! Your space looks great and I bet ya feel better! Thanks for the peek inside your sewing space. (I'm always curious!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great and feels so good to get organized. Enjoy working in a nice clean space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds totally familiar! Now that your scraps are organized by color they will be so much easier to use. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My family calls that project creep. It can also be a big problem in renovations. It's how replacing the carpet in the sewing room ends up with painting the kitchen. ;) Your sewing room looks lovely all organized. Love the design wall and that's a great place for the iron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! This looks awesome! I need to do this once we get all the way settled! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the re-organization!! It looks fabulous, I'm very jealous of your setup, especially your big design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes, yes! Love what you have done to your room. And your fabric storage looks yummy! Congrats on the new design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! I love seeing other peoples sewing rooms:) I don't have closet doors either...works great. I filled mine with shelves and hung a curtain across the front so I can cover it if I want. Adds some flare to the room too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from my readers. I typically respond directly to your email unless it's an answer that I think everyone would be interested in hearing. If you are a no-reply blogger (and I know that blogger does not play nice with other blogging platforms!), I will reply directly on my website. Thanks for stopping by!